At Cary Alliance, we want to be known for loving Jesus and reaching people. We desire to be a people so transformed by knowing God that we:
- love God supremely,
- love one another increasingly,
- love our guests actively,
- love our community compassionately, and
- love our world courageously.
What we believe:
We believe that salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all people; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become children of God. Our beliefs about God and Scripture fall in line with traditional Christian creeds like the Nicene and Apostles’ creeds. More specifics are listed below.
- There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, and exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, infallible and inerrant as originally given.
- We hold to the truths in The Alliance Statement of Faith.
- We hold to the fourfold gospel, presenting Jesus Christ as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and coming King. This is the historical emphasis of The Alliance.
- We are a body of believers, whom Christ joined together for the worship and glorification of God. This is our highest calling.
- We believe individual and corporate prayer is essential for a right relationship with God and one another.
- We are commissioned to bring the salvation message to the unsaved within the congregation, in the community, and throughout the world. Supporting Alliance overseas ministries is a major responsibility of our church.
- We value discipleship through Biblical teaching as a primary source for the spiritual growth of our congregation.
- We consider fellowship – sharing ourselves, loving one another, and caring for brothers and sisters in need as a major binding force of our church.
- We encourage congregants to stay abreast of and participate in events within the world community and to live lives according to Christ’s example and direction.
- We consider it essential that each individual’s spiritual gifts are developed and are used to God’s glory and honor.
- We believe that expository preaching is the most effective way to provide Biblical insight to the congregation. This does not preclude textual or topical sermons when appropriate.