Adopt-A-Highway – Volunteers do quarterly trash pick-up on Ten Ten Road, between Kildaire Farm and Holly Springs Roads. There is a very short online video that you must watch and also sign a release form to participate on the team. New recruits are always welcome! Contact Nancy Kimsey.
Helping Hands – The Deaconesses coordinate the provision of meals for families in our church in the event of illness, surgery, or helping mothers of new babies. If you would like to help with this ministry, please be sure that you are subscribed to the CAC news webmail list to receive notice of current needs, or directly contact Amy Hardison or Mary Beth Cerone.
Men in Service – is a service ministry assists the widows and single moms of our church with routine home maintenance and handyman-type tasks, such as yard work or small painting jobs. The group also helps any church family where a father is ill and could use some help with routine home maintenance tasks he would normally do himself. Extensive carpentry or trade skills and experience is not required! Contact Ken Tyner.
Raleigh Correction Center for Women – Contact Jan Stobbe.
- “Pray-ers”– Sign up to receive and pray about weekly prayer requests from the women inmates at RCCW.
- Sending Cards – We need people to send birthday cards to the women who attend the Bible Study class.
- Informing and Organizing – People to inform the congregation of our needs and organize “donation campaigns” (e.g. every family brings a two liter bottle of soda to church one Sunday).
- Creative Crafts and Baking – We are allowed to take the inmates special treats. There are rules governing this, but for special times like holidays we can make up little gifts to give them, and we can take them small “goodies,” like homemade cookies, any night they are available.
- Bible Study Volunteers – Three to four women to go the prison on Wednesday evenings, arriving at RCCW at 6:30 p.m. and leaving before 9:00 p.m.
With Love From Jesus – Ministries to poor and/or homeless in Raleigh. Contact Karn and Judy Gray.